The Power of Self-Love: A Journey to Inner Happiness
Last month, we went in depth on the importance of showing up for ourselves, because let's face it, no one is going to just hand us our dreams. At the end of the day, it's up to us to begin doing the things we aspire to do. It's really that simple. But once we begin to truly get to know who we are, it makes it easier to do the things required. Why is this? And how does this shift occur?
Well, it all boils down to love. So this month, as we go into February, the month love is highly celebrated, we are going to be talking all things love, beginning with ourselves.
While we've come a long way since the days of thinking that loving ourselves was a selfish act, it is still something many people
I talk to struggle with - because of the dated concept that would make us feel guilty for putting ourselves first.
I'm going to just put this out there: We cannot fill the cup of someone else, unless we have it to serve, this includes the love department. That's right. You CANNOT love someone else, unless you love yourself. So take a moment right now and ask yourself, “What do I love about me?”
Over the weekend, I'd like for you to take some time and write down all of the things/qualities you love about yourself. Keep these close by because we're going to be doing an exercise later this month. Also, I want to hear about the things you love about yourself, if you feel comfortable enough to share.
I'm going to give you a couple examples of what I will be writing down to help get you started.
- I love that I am loyal. (My Mother always reminds me of this, and I am so grateful for her.)
- I love that I am a good friend to others and deeply care for them and their well being. I love that I don't bullshit with the people in my life.
- I love how hard I have been working to establish boundaries when it comes to my well-being, which is something I have always struggled with.
- I love that I am a hard worker.
- I love that I like to help and serve others.
- I love that I am a kind human.
- I love that I am patient.
- I love that I am forgiving.
I will go into more detail on my own, but that's the gist of what I'd like you to do. I'd like for you really take a look at yourself, and remind yourself of your greatest qualities, even the ones you're working on. Because these things should be celebrated, so that's what we're going to do. We are about to journey into inner happiness.
All my love,